Scott Kevin Walker was born in Colorado Springs, Colorado in 1967 to a Minister and bookkeeper. He considers himself an acolyte of Ronald Reagan. He dropped out of college after 4 years of attendance. Did not really care about education but getting good employment. He worked for 4 years at the Red Cross. He was elected to the state assembly with endorsements as a fiscal conservative, pro-life, and entitlement reform. He was the Milwaukee County executive before Governor.
He is a devout Christian who has never suffered anger or temper issues. He is a family man and believes in the 10 commandments. It is not known if he is a FreeMason or a member of any other closed societies.
- Federal Reserve: N/A
- Monetary Policy: N/A
- ObamaCare: Opposed the defunding efforts. Expanded Medicaid and pro Obamacare marketplace. “I have had some hesitations about Obamacare.”; Realist about its cost Repeal and Replace
- Common Core: In the beginning was pro Common Core. He left the door open, now he is calling for the state to have its own standards.
- Banker Bailout: N/A
- Auto Industry Bailout: Political Answer; Cannot say it was bad.
- Stimulus: Definitely fought for his state to get their share of the pie. Good and Bad; didn’t condemn the program or economics of it.
- Iraq War: Pro-Bush answer, believes Bush was ignorant and acted in what appeared to be best interest. Apologist for the war.
- Afghanistan War: N/A
- Syria: Kept the door open on this one, never declared his stance. BOOTS ON THE GROUND
- Ukraine: N/A “BOOTS ON THE GROUND ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD”
- Iran: Leaves door open for BOOTS ON THE GROUND; “will terminate the deal on day one” Will put new sanctions on Iran.
- ISIS: “I think aggressively, we need to take the fight to ISIS and any other radical Islamic terrorist in and around the world . . . It should be surgical” Air Strikes. BOOTS ON THE GROUND
- United Nations: N/A
- Border Security & Immigration Policy: secure the border; streamline legal immigration, path to citizenship. At One Point, he was pro-amnesty and anti border security.
- Tax Code: No national proposal but proposed decreased property taxes in his own state which is huge. Need to hear his national tax plan, reform or twinging?
- Fiscal Policy: Opposed Austerity
- Abortion: Extremely Anti-Abortion; very well spoken about it.
- Trans-Pacific Partnership and Trade: Did go to Canada and UK to discuss Trade, as a governor.
- Criminal Policy: Believes in jail for drugs. Says it’s a public health issue, cited that liberals don’t want drugs legalized or decriminalized and so it is bi-partisan, costly in terms of Public Health services. Pro capital punishment.
- NSA Domestic Spying: He is pro domestic spying in the name of 9/11. Not as extreme as others.
- Torture: No Position
- Assassination: N/A
- Indefinite Detention: No Position
- 10th Amendment: Believes in the tenth amendment for drugs and gay marriage.
- 4th Amendment: Believes in a very weak interpretation of the 4th
- 2nd Amendment: Believes in Background checks. For the state keeping the guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. Doesn’t believe in arming teachers or ending gun free zones but is not for registration. Totally middle of the road. Pro-Self Defense.
- Constitution in General: N/A
- Executive Orders: Used them regularly as Governor; N/A for national use
- Regulation: N/A
- Entitlements: In word, he is for entitlement reform, no actual application
- Unions: One of the countries Champions of Union Reform
- Gay Marriage: Marriage is between a man and a woman; does believe it is a states issue. Supports a constitutional amendment that allows STATES to ban gay marriage.
- Man Made Global Warming: Not in favor of hurting jobs and economy in the name of GW. Does not know if GW is real or would not answer.
- Apologies: N/A
- One-Word/Phrase: Vanilla
- Classified Ideology: Mainstream Conservative Politician/ Borderline Progressive/ War Hawk
- Notable Donors: Too Soon
Scott Walker is the very definition of a career politician never having any notable career outside of politics. Given most Americans today cannot get a starter job without an MBA, it seems unwarranted that a college dropout should be given the nation’s highest honors but this is not a point about his character or acumen. One non scientific note is that he will be very easily spoofed by comedians given his likeness to the former SNL cast member Chris Parnell.
Scott Walker is well seasoned at deflecting, deferring, or “punting” difficult questions such as the auto industry bailout which makes it difficult to ascertain his true beliefs. He seems to be well suited to be part of the RNC machine. He carries the basic tenants of what it means to be a conservative; lower taxes, less entitlements, pro-business, anti-abortion, basic hawkish beliefs and an apologist for terrible military decisions. He does deserve the title of basic statesman as he was able to reform the states union laws given it is the capital of unionism in the country. He is an excellent campaigner and is very capable of getting elected.
Although he has proven to have some statesman abilities in his union reform and may be more conservative than other candidates with domestic considerations, he is as hawkish and war oriented as they come when it comes to invading, occupying, bombing, and boots on the ground no matter the country or place in the world.
More will have to be gathered in the debates ahead as he just does not have the track record to accurately fully understand him.